Our nuggets turned two months old this weekend. They are twice as loud, twice as aware, and twice as adorable as when we wrote about them last month!
As much as I was hoping that Month #2 would bring us revolutionary, trackable growth, the reality is, two-month-olds are still very much little sleepy alien blobs. They require constant attention and you receive very little in return.
That said, the light’s at the end of the tunnel. Not only are both twins beginning to track our every movement — which often results in smiles and coos as they come to recognize our faces — they are also using their limbs more often, experimenting with different sounds, and are sleeping more and more.
We finally feel like our twins are real-life babies. And we’re no longer pretending to be parents!
As of November 11th, 2017, our son is…
- 11lbs and 23.6 inches tall.
- The Hiccup King of New England.
- Really, REALLY not a fan of car seats.
- Able to hold his neck up and look around when he’s on his tummy. (That’s a triumph in comparison to the normal face-plant, trust me.)
- Straighten his legs and remain standing, with support, for two or three minutes at a time. He’s a marionette puppet.
- A master at finding the one nail that wasn’t cut properly and slice open his face the day before a guest arrives or a photo shoot is scheduled.
- In love with his Land of Nod Blooming Baby Gym, which dangles baubles above him while he lies on his back. Those baubles offer him hours of fascinated amusement.
- Able to sleep with one eye open. No, really. We have to shut his right eye sometimes when he’s fallen asleep.
- Changing his eye color from blueish to brownish. Alas.
- Still not aware that he has a sister.
Our daughter is…
- 10lbs 5oz and 22.1 inches tall.
- Smiling all day, everyday.
- Not a big fan of being left alone.
- A huge fan of dressing up for Halloween.
- Going to have the most beautiful, long eyelashes.
- Struggling with acid reflux, but with new medicine and special Doctor Brown’s bottles, is keeping her milk down more and more with each week.
- Loving sing-a-long time with daddy each night. Current favorite (seems to be) Sweet Pea by Amos Lee.
- Starting to replace her pacifier with her thumb. And by thumb, I mean entire fist.
- Obsessed with stroller rides around the house with her Abuela.
- Still not 100% aware that she has a brother.
And we are…
- Still getting about five hours of sleep a night.
- Loving cutting the nuggets fingernails. Just kidding. We absolutely hate it.
- Hiding our credit cards so we don’t go in debt from spending all our money on adorable baby clothes. And by “we,” I mean me.
- Feeling like we’ve mastered the ability to get the nuggets to stop crying, which is a HUGE relief. I’ll be doing a blog post next month on all the trendy internet tricks we’ve tried and mastered – with videos for the very first time.
For real-time updates on the nuggets, you can follow me on Instagram. And stay tuned for our three-month update coming on (or around) December 11th!
Until next time, stay crafty.